The Neighbourhood Wardens, employed by Horsham District Council, operate in the Denne, Forest and Trafalgar Wards of the town. Working alongside partner agencies, they improve the quality of life for everyone by undertaking a number of activities from enforcement to community development.
What do the Neighbourhood Wardens do?
They are part of the Community Safety Unit and work with all sections of the community from elderly and/or vulnerable people through to young people and businesses to find solutions to problems whilst promoting community cohesion and resilience.
- They have enforcement powers
- They carry out high visibility patrols to deter crime and anti-social behaviour
- Horsham District Council is accredited by Sussex Police
- The Wardens can utilise certain police powers aimed at low-level anti-social behaviour
- They can also exercise powers available to them as employees of the District Council in relation to environmental offences and again, anti-social behaviour.
Prevention is better than cure and the team spend time working to prevent issues by dealing with the long-term causes in partnership with other agencies rather than just the symptoms.
Horsham Neighbourhood Wardens
Telephone: Alison Page 07795 051555; Lucy Hallett 07795 051561
For more detailed information on what Wardens do and don’t do, please click here.
A partnership between Denne, Forest and Trafalgar Neighbourhood Councils